Sports Injury Physiotherapy
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE
Sports Physiotherapy Treatment Information
The Alter G anti-gravity treadmill has arrived in the Sydney CBD!
Here at Sydney Physiotherapy Solutions we understand how important it is for runners and other athletes to recover quickly so that they can continue participating in the sport they love.
We are dedicated to providing the most current and effective treatments possible. The introduction of the Alter G Anti-gravity treadmill to our Castlereagh Street clinic in Sydney’s CBD and our Chatswood clinic, is a prime example of the cutting-edge technology here at Sydney Physiotherapy Solutions.
What is the Alter G Treadmill?
The Alter G or anti-gravity treadmill is a revolutionary piece of medical rehabilitation equipment which allows “unweighting” of the body between 20 – 100% using an air pressure system developed by NASA. The unique capability means that normal gait pattern can be maintained safely, accurately and comfortably even whilst recovering from injury. This often leads to a quicker recovery and return to sport with less pain.
Sydney Physio Solutions is proud to be one of the only clinics in Sydney to have an Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill.
Check out our Alter-G Treadmill in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu5VSYOxfKk&feature=youtu.be
Who Would Benefit from Using the Alter G?
In one word: everyone. In conjunction with your physiotherapist, athletes and the general population use the Alter G to gain strength and conditioning whilst reducing the impact on the joints. Here are a few examples of how the Alter G can benefit you:
Sporting Performance and Training
- Train safely for endurance events
- Use to recover from a long race
- Increase load gradually to increase intensity of training
- Develop cardio-vascular fitness without lower body injury
- Prolong your running career without the pounding impact
- A faster return to running after an injury. The Alter G allows runners to return to activity and pain-free training, thus providing a significant advantage in maintaining fitness levels
- A large number of spinal and lower limb surgeries require patients up and walking normally as soon as possible. The Alter G provides an option for early rehabilitation suggesting a faster return to function and pain free activities.
- Neurological conditions and/or those suffering from balance deficits (e.g. stroke) can exercise fully supported with the safety of the Alter G. The machine provides independence and confidence in walking and the progression to running and exercise.
The Elderly and Overweight
- Alter G provides a safe enclosed option for those fearful of walking on the footpath or uneven surfaces
- The load bearing ability provides for a gradual increase in intensity particularly useful for those overweight or beginning running again.
Who Uses the Alter G Treadmill?
Teams from Australia and all around the world make the AlterG a central part of their training and conditioning, including:
- NRL teams: Most NRL teams including: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and Sydney Roosters
- AFL teams: All AFL teams including Western Bulldogs, Sydney Swans and GWS Giants
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Most of the NBA teams, including the world champion Miami Heat
- All of the English Premier League soccer clubs, including Manchester City
- US Olympic Training Centres
Specific injuries that the Alter-G is suitable for:
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Fibular stress fractures
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Metatarsal stress fracture
- Ankle sprains
- Tibial stress fractures
- Navicular stress fractures
- Muscle strains
- The Alter G is now available to use in our Castlereagh Street and Chatswood clinics. Contact us today to trial this amazing piece of technology.
The FMS (which stands for Functional Movement Screen) is an injury prevention tool used to identify limitations or asymmetries in your fundamental movement patterns.
These tests are key to identifying functional movement quality in people with no current pain complaint or known musculoskeletal injury. The FMS is a reliable and well-researched tool that works in the same way that a blood pressure reading might flag a cardiovascular issue before symptoms become apparent.
The FMS allows us to observe you performing basic movements by placing you in challenging positions where weaknesses and imbalances become noticeable. The results of your FMS then help us to communicate properly with you and your coach/trainer in discussing the safest and most effective ways for you to exercise.
The total appointment lasts for 45 minutes, during which time your screen is completed and an exercise program is tailored to correct any movement limitations found during the screen. If your screen identifies significant problems, like pain or gross limitations in movement, we’ll discuss further consultation that may be required to appropriately deal with those problems.
During your session, you should wear exercise clothes and don’t worry, there’s no sweat involved!