July 2021 Update from Dr Brad McIntosh
I hope you are all well during these trying times.
With the recent outbreak and tightening of restrictions, I just wanted to provide a quick update on what it means for your Physio, Pilates and Massage Therapy with SPS.
- Our clinics are open for both face-to-face and Telehealth appointments to ensure you’re being looked after and have the health support you need;
- Our Physio, Pilates, Men’s and Women’s Health appointments are continuing as per usual and we’re looking forward to seeing you;
- We are able to see new and existing patients during this period, to ensure that your health is being supported;
- Our Remedial Massage therapy is temporarily unavailable, but will be up and running as soon as possible;
- Everyone is wearing a mask in the clinic and we’ve reinforced our Covid-safe plan to ensure the safety of all patients and staff;
- As an essential service, we expect to remain open for you at all times through this outbreak;
- If you would prefer to see us via Telehealth, this is quick and easy for us to facilitate…please touch base with reception on 9252 5770.
You can be assured that we are closely following the NSW Department of Health guidelines to ensure a safe physical environment for you and my team. These include:
- Hand washing before, during, and after each appointment;
- Ensuring hand sanitiser is readily available for both yourself and our team before, during, and after all appointments;
- Everyone is wearing a mask whilst in the clinics;
- Wiping down of all surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectant after each use;
- Maintaining safe social distancing practices in the waiting room and common spaces;
- Commercial cleaners coming in more regularly to clean common surfaces throughout the building. such as door handles and hard surfaces;
- Advising all patients and staff to postpone coming in if they’re feeling unwell, taking temperatures and screening everyone as they enter the clinic.
And don’t forget, if you’re “stuck” at home and can’t get in, we can look after you via Telehealth, with all the same health fund rebates available to you. Through Telehealth we can:
- Understand the history of your injury and make a specific diagnosis to guide treatment;
- Assess how your condition is progressing over time;
- Check on your exercise quality and form via video;
- Assess how your program is working and whether we can progress or change it;
- Advise you on any required pain relief techniques;
- Teach taping and self-release techniques;
- Build functional training programs for you taking into consideration the need to adapt and keep your exercise and movement going;
- Check on your work set-up and ergonomics at home;
- And more.
Our exercise prescription software allows us to communicate all of this very neatly through videos and other online communication including direct messaging.
Finally, if there is anything we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to touch base. We’re here for you and keen to support your physical and mental well-being during this difficult period. Ultimately, we’ll get through it faster and stronger by pulling together.