Here at Sydney Physiotherapy Solutions we understand how important it is for runners and other athletes to recover quickly so that they can continue participating in the sport that makes they love. We are dedicated to continuously educating ourselves in order to provide the the most current and effective treatment possible. This is why we have decided to introduce The Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill to our brand new clinic at 155 Castlereagh Street.
Working with runners and athletes is a specialty here at the clinic. Many of our therapists are runners themselves which gives us an advantage when treating running injuries as we understand the sport and have the necessary experience in treating the associated injuries. More importantly, we understand that most of our athletes would prefer to keep running while injured and so we have introduced the Alter-G to ensure that we can keep our athletes running.
Advantages of the Alter-G Treadmill
- Helps minimize time lost from training, especially those training for an event such as a marathon
- Maintains cardiovascular fitness during rehab
- Reduces stress on joints
- Improves bone density measures
- Suitable for runners who may be overweight
- Allows gradual loading as our injury heals during rehabilitation
Specific injuries that the Alter-G is suitable for
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Fibula stress fracture
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Metatarsal stress fracture
- Ankle sprains
- Tibial stress fractures
- Navicular stress fractures
- All types of muscle strains
To find out how the Alter-G AntiGravity Treadmill works read more here.